Showering Instructions for Hibiclens Patients
The entire body, including your hair and scalp, should be washed. Do this at home both the night before and the morning of your operation. You will need a total of eight ounces of liquid soap.
First shower (the night before surgery)
- Wet your body, including hair and scalp, with warm water
- Wash your hair with two tablespoons (1 ounce) of Hibiclens. (Patients having open heart surgery are not required to wash their hair)
- Wash your body with the same amount (2 tablespoons or 1 ounce)
- Repeat hair and body washes (Steps 1-4)
- Rinse thoroughly
- Dry your hair with a clean (freshly laundered) towel
Second shower (the morning of your operation)
Repeat steps 1-7 for the second shower.
For external use only. Keep out of eyes, ears and mouth. If Hibiclens should get into your eyes or ears, rinse it out promptly and thoroughly with water.